Written: June 29th, 2015.
This is the first week that I am actually aware that there is a baby growing at a furious pace inside my belly. This post is the first in a series of weekly updates on baby Nugget 2.0. The first several weeks will be published daily until we are caught up to the present.
Why is this post titles four OR five? Because I don’t know how far along I am. Why? I already have pregnancy brain. Obviously. I am a semi responsible person though, and I am fully aware that I cannot remember things. That is why I track my cycle via an app on my phone. However, my phone died on my trip to DC, remember? I never got around to creating an account with the app so all the data was gone. So here we are ,we four, maybe five, or maybe 12 or something I don’t know.
- How big is baby this week? A poppy seed, or possibly a sesame seed, definitely not a watermelon yet.
- Weight Gain? …
- Do you feel that it is a boy or girl? Not sure yet.
- Are you wearing maternity clothes yet? Nope!
- Do your wedding rings still fit? Yep!
- Weird cravings this week? Sushi. Normally, I hate sushi. This week I have had sushi THREE damn times and I am already looking for someone to go with me for some more at lunch today.
- What do you miss most? COFFEE
- Movement? Nothing yet!
- Sleep? Like a baby, one on TV or in a book not a baby like my child sleeps.
- How are you feeling? Moody
- Things I cried about this week. Two opened ketchups and four discarded syrup bottles.
- Best Moment this week. When the second line appeared. Then when the digital readout said “pregnant” because the second line was so faint I needed to be sure.
Well baby Nugget 2.0, so far only mommy and daddy know about you, but we are both thrilled about adding you to our growing family. We just purchased a nice big house for you and your big brother to grow up in and we cannot wait for the two of you to become partners in crime. Be careful though, your brother is a biter.