Written August 9th, 2015
We’re just trucking through these weeks over here. I remember my first trimester last time slowly crawling by. The time between the first two appointments seemed like an eternity and every day dragged it’s feet from morning to night. This time, it seems to be flying by. I keep pushing sleep off until, “tomorrow” or “later” or “someday” but maybe powering through the exhaustion works better. I spent most of my first trimester with Ike working overseas, I would get up, drag my butt to work, think about sleep for 9-11 hours, and then go back to the hotel and go straight to bed until morning. I think I averaged over 14 hours a night. Hmm, those were the days.
- How big is baby this week? As big as a strawberry. Almost as long as a AA battery.
- Weight Gain? 5-ish pounds
- Do you feel that it is a boy or girl? Not sure yet.
- Are you wearing maternity clothes yet? I tried a pair of maternity pants one day last week, but we’re really not there yet, back to the safety pins.
- Do your wedding rings still fit? Yep!
- Weird cravings this week? I’m getting on the classic pregnant lady ice cream train. Ike is joining me.
- What do you miss most? Coffee.
- Movement? Nothing yet!
- Sleep? No problems but would like more.
- How are you feeling? Still a bit queasy now and then, but definitely better than a week or so ago.
- Things I cried about this week. Isaac yelled at me about being mean to him. I cried and he felt bad, even though I was totally being mean to him.
- Best Moment this week. Dad came to visit and we told him the news.