Written August 24th, 2015.
The first trimester is coming to a close. It went by in a fleeting frenzy of drama and lack of rest and a lot of sushi and fried rice. I don’t quite feel like I have shed the first trimester symptoms just yet, but I am grateful that we are in the “safe zone” officially now. It is time to make our little announcements to our family and friends (the ones my husband didn’t already insist on telling). We have been making the rounds over the past few days and I think we’ve hit the most important folks… parents, siblings, children, bosses, etc. Just a few more heads and I think we will be ready to go live! I can’t wait!
- How big is baby this week? A Plum.
- Weight Gain? 10 pounds
- Do you feel that it is a boy or girl? We will know soon!
- Are you wearing maternity clothes yet? I’m caught in between, my regular pants don’t close and my maternity pants don’t stay up. Yoga pants, as always, are perfect.
- Do your wedding rings still fit? Yep!
- Weird cravings this week? Nothing in particular, just a lot of it.
- What do you miss most? Cold Sandwiches – ham, turkey, a club, bologna!
- Movement? Nothing yet!
- Sleep? Slight less exhausted.
- How are you feeling? Like a hormonal lunatic.
- Things I cried about this week. I accidentally poured sugar into the flour canister. And again when I did the same thing with the brand new flour in the sugar container. I’ve spend $20 on flour and sugar this week.
- Best Moment this week. The Spearmans came to visit!
Can we talk about muscle memory for a moment here? Ya’ll mah belly has it! I feel like the moment the second line appeared on the stick my stomach was all like “oh I remember this! Prthffththhht!” My body seems to mercilessly hang on to all of the extra ice cream, peanut butter, potatoes, and water (ahem juice) like it’s storing up for the apocalypse or something! My friends with multiple kids warned me, that you body grows faster the second time around. They were not lying. My body is like oh you ate that apple (ahem super sized french fries) so obviously we need to take a nap so I can permanently implant it just below your belly button.