Written September 18th, 2016
- How big is baby this week? A navel orange.
- Weight Gain? 10 pounds
- Do you feel that it is a boy or girl? It’s a GIRL!
- Are you wearing maternity clothes yet? Yes pants definately, shirts mostly.
- Do your wedding rings still fit? Yep!
- Weird cravings this week? Nope
- What do you miss most? Wine
- Movement? Nothing yet!
- Sleep? Better this week.
- How are you feeling? Pretty good.
- Things I cried about this week. I forgot to save a document that I had been working on all morning before going for a meeting at the other end of the building, and when I got back my computer had pushed an update and a restart and the doc was gone.
- Best Moment this week. Going to Zooey’s first birthday party with Ike and watching him play with the other kids.
Second pregnancy trivialities strike again! I thought that I was pretty well stocked for maternity clothes, since you know, I have been pregnant before… I finally committed to the maternity clothing tote this weekend and I unpacked all of my stuff and then folded and put away all the tight/buttoned/anything-lacking-elastic clothes that were in my closet.
Upon unpacking and going through my maternity clothes, I found that I chose to wear some hideous stuff. Also, I was pregnant for mostly summer months. By the time fall truly hit I was so big I basically lived in yoga pants. I have hideous gauzy pastel tops, hideous chiffon lacy floral tops, a ton of ugly cotton tank top/empire waist shirts, lightweight pants that don’t stay up, and a pair of white capris that actually fit quite nicely although it’s mid September so…
Wah I have to go maternity shopping…AGAIN! It would appear that I fell into a lot of “trendy” sort of items last time, that are not exactly versitile (or cute for that matter) and I would like to think that the exercise of throwing out half of my maternity wardrobe has taught me a lesson. I am on the hunt for BASICS! Basics that can be paired with the variety of open cardigan sweaters that I already own.
Jeans. Preferably jeans that stay put, no hip-tastic elastic showing and no butt sagging either!
Long Tee’s. For under cardigans, rouching is preferred to limit melon-ness of bulging belly.
A basic, versitile dress. Suitable for office wear or nice dinners and can be changed up using non-maternity/belly friends accessories (read. scarfs and shoes).
Extra comfy basic black flats. I have a variety of black flats, but the only ones I consider comfortable and suitable for all day wear started talking to me (the soles did) earlier this month. So even though I would probably be buying new flats anyway right now, these are being filed as a maternity purchase for budgetary reasons (and because I want to spend my allotted shopping money on something else…)